The Pharmacy Technician Training program offered by Cactus Wren Training Program, LLC prepares students for employment as a pharmacy technician and qualifies for him or her to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board which is an NCAA accredited national certification program for pharmacy technicians.
It consists of the two components: (a) the classroom instruction that have an 80 hour requirement and; (b) the clinical instruction that will have a 20 clock hours of clinical training and orientation to an accredited pharmacy.
Students are also required to have 70% passing grade on all examinations including the final examination.
The program will prepare students to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. It covers the Role of the Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy setting, Pharmacy Calculations, Abbreviations, and Technology, Drug Classifications and Formulations, Assisting with Medication Therapy Management Services, Interacting with Patients, Inventory Control and Management, Special Considerations, Drug Formularies, Storage, Recall, and Theft and Diversion
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) develops, maintains, promotes and administers an NCCA accredited national certification program for pharmacy technicians. PTCB provides certification and recertification programs and services that offer pharmacy technicians an opportunity to demonstrate that they have mastered knowledge and skills across practice settings.
And to work in the State of Arizona as a Pharmacy Technician Arizona State Board of Pharmacy requires for Pharmacy Technician to work in the field is to pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Starts Every First Monday of the Month - Class Schedule
- Classroom hours: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 0900a-0230p
- Clinical Hours: 20 hours in a Licensed Pharmacy
- Must be 18 years old and above
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proof of Citizenship ( US passport, Birth Certificate, Green Card)
- TB Test of Chest X Ray within six Months
- Drug Testing
- Driver License of State ID
- No Drug of Pharmacy Related Conviction Including Misdemeanor and No felony Charges.
- Cost : Call for Pricing